By David A Gewirtz (Editor), Shawn Edan Holt (Editor), Steven Grant (Editor)
Read Online or Download Apoptosis Senescence and Cancer PDF
Best oncology books
Intraperitoneal chemotherapy is more and more getting used as first-line remedy for ovarian melanoma. however, it really is tricky for the oncologist to discover a definitive textual content that files either the basic tools required to optimize treatment and the up to date result of section I, II, and III scientific trials.
Les auteurs présentent les données théoriques sur l’adolescence, le melanoma, l. a. verbal exchange intrafamiliale et les résultats pragmatiques issus de deux études, belge, de l’Institut Jules Bordet et française, de l’Institut Gustave Roussy, sur l. a. détresse et les besoins des children atteints de melanoma.
A guide of gynaecologic oncology, supplying a accomplished yet concise advisor to the treatment of gynaecologic melanoma. Edited and written via the college of the gynaecologic programmes of MD Anderson melanoma heart and Memorial Sloan-Kettering melanoma heart, it truly is designed to be a advisor to the prognosis and remedy of gynaecologic melanoma, however it additionally good points chapters on breast and colon cancers.
Within the usa on my own, the prevalence of recent situations of thoracic neoplasms is over 180,000. every year, over 170,000 people are anticipated to die in their melanoma. Lung melanoma is the most typical of the thoracic neoplasms. it's the top explanation for melanoma demise in either women and men, accounting for 28% of all melanoma deaths within the usa.
- Interleukin 12: Antitumor Activity and Immunotherapeutic Potential in Oncology
- The Official Patient's Sourcebook on Adult Hodgkin's Disease: A Revised and Updated Directory for the Internet Age
- Cancer Cytogenetics: Chromosomal and Molecular Genetic Aberrations of Tumor Cells
- Cancer Cytogenetics
Additional info for Apoptosis Senescence and Cancer
249. Rampino N, Yamamoto H, Ionov Y, et al. Somatic frameshift mutations in the BAX gene in colon cancers of the microsatellite mutator phenotype. Science 1997; 275(5302):967–9. 250. Degenhardt K, Chen G, Linsten T, White E. BAX and BAK mediate p53-independent suppression of tumorigenesis. Cancer Cell 2002; 2:193–203. 251. Vivanco I, Sawyers CL. The phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase AKT pathway in human cancer. Nat Rev Cancer 2002; 2:489–501. 252. Samuels Y, Wang Z, Bardelli A, et al. High frequency of mutations of the PIK3CA gene in human cancers.
As indicated elsewhere in this monograph, cells can also suffer other fates after drug treatment, and these other fates are not necessarily modulated by changes in the apoptotic machinery. Clinical studies examining the correlation between expression of various components of the apoptotic machinery and treatment outcome have been extensively reviewed (15,263,264). These studies, while potentially important for identifying predictive markers that might alter treatment and for confirming activation of various pathways that might serve as drug targets in future trials, do not establish causality.
64. Newmeyer DD, Ferguson-Miller S. Mitochondria: releasing power for life and unleashing the machineries of death. Cell 2003; 112:481–90. 65. Jiang X, Wang X. Cytochrome C-mediated apoptosis. Annu Rev Biochem 2004; 73:87–106. 66. Anflous K, Armstrong DD, Craigen WJ. Altered mitochondrial sensitivity for ADP and maintenance of creatine-stimulated respiration in oxidative striated muscles from VDAC1-deficient mice. J Biol Chem 2001; 276:1954–60. 67. Graham BH, Waymire KG, Cottrell B, Trounce IA, MacGregor GR, Wallace DC.